I write romantic suspense and historical fiction, often set in the area of Scotland where I live, Aberdeenshire. My historical novels combine little-known dark events with love stories. There are witches, bears, kidnappers and Romans to be found in them, detailed here. My contemporary work is much naughtier, though still dark, and available to pre-order now.
I take a LOT of photos as is evidenced throughout the site.
Romantic Suspense – A Dancer’s Journey – 3 book series
These books are so naughty that I’m worried nobody will be able to look me in the face again after reading them. But not that worried. A Dancer’s Journey is now available for pre-order, titles releasing in October, November and December 2023.
Series on Amazon UK
Series on Amazon worldwide
Posts about the background, inspiration and writing of these stories:
- Working Girl: a WordPress Prompt Goes Dark
- Pointe Work and a Red Leotard
- Chosen Sisters: Friendship and Dance
- A Snaggled, Barbourous Place
- Diabolical and Deranged: Writing and Blood
- There’s also this strange little post about what the characters of A Dancer’s Journey get up to when I’m away from the keyboard.
My historical novels combine little-known dark events with love stories and a hint of magic.
- SISTERS AT THE EDGE OF THE WORLD: ancient battle, neurodiversity and forbidden romance.
- THE MERMAID AND THE BEAR: witchcraft, a stone circle, a castle and six chapters of medieval Christmas.
- FIREFLIES AND CHOCOLATE: kidnapping, friendship and chocolate.
Further Insight into my life and work
- The article Researching Historical Fiction: Immersing Oneself in the Past on the Women Writers, Women‘s Books site.
- 10 Mystical and Magical Sites in Aberdeenshire on the official tourism site for Aberdeen and Aberdeenshire.
- Doctors and Deadlines: Writing with Chronic Illness
- Walking the Witchy Ways of Aberdeen
- A Book Seven Years in the Making