Set in 1st century Scotland, the new novel from Ailish, SISTERS AT THE EDGE OF THE WORLD, includes the battle of Mons Graupius between the Romans and the Caledonian tribes. The book features a neurodivergent main character and some rather complicated romance!
The book released in paperback and kindle on September 21st 2022.
See the Press Release here
“Ethereal and spellbinding…” Historical Novel Society
Article: Roman Aberdeenshire features in author’s new book from Grampian Online.
Featuring stones from Aikey Brae Stone Circle.
When Morragh speaks to another person for the very first time, she has no idea that he is an invader in her land.
What she does next constitutes a huge betrayal of her people, threatening her closest relationships and even her way of life itself.
As the conflict between the Caledonian tribes and the Roman Sons of Mars intensifies, can she use her high status in the community to lessen the coming death toll or even prevent outright war?
Set in 1st century Northern Scotland, SISTERS AT THE EDGE OF THE WORLD is a story of chosen sisters, fierce warriors, divided loyalties and, ultimately, love.
Ailish Sinclair trained as a dancer and taught dance for many years, before working in schools to help children with special needs. A short stint as a housekeeper in a castle fired her already keen interest in untold stories of the past and she sat down to research and write.
She now lives beside a loch with her husband and two children where she still dances and writes and eats rather a lot of chocolate.
Quote from the book:
Are they not magnificent?” asks the Calgach, striding towards me through the camp, his hair loose and flowing back in the breeze today. He looks like the God of this sea, this great ocean, strong and invulnerable and beautiful.
Paperback ISBN-10: 1739615905 ISBN-13: 978-1-7396159-0-1
Kindle ASIN: B0BBH5QS1Y
- Review from Terry Tyler
- “Ethereal and spellbinding….” Historical Novel Society
- Read the article Aberdeenshire in Roman times takes centre stage in author’s latest book from Aberdeen Live.
- See the article Roman Aberdeenshire features in author’s new book from Grampian Online.
- New Book: Sisters at the Edge of the World
- Post on Loanhead of Daviot Stone Circle
- Post on the Red Well near Whitehills
- Post on Cullykhan Bay
- Post on Bennachie
- Website: https://ailishsinclair.com
- Twitter: @AilishSinclair
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ailishsinclairauthor/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ailishsinclair/
- Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/ailishsinclair/
- Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/AilishSinclair
- UK Amazon Author Page: https://www.amazon.co.uk/-/e/B07XCCJ8P3
- US Amazon Author Page: https://www.amazon.com/Ailish-Sinclair/e/B07XCCJ8P3
- BookBub: https://www.bookbub.com/profile/ailish-sinclair
- AllAuthor: https://allauthor.com/author/ailishsinclair/
- Author Mailing List: http://ailishsinclair.com/contact/mailing-list/