I write dark and romantic books – contemporary romance and historical fiction – often set in the area of Scotland where I live, Aberdeenshire. My historical novels combine little-known dark events with love stories. There are witches, bears, kidnappers and Romans to be found in them, detailed here. My contemporary work is much, much naughtier, though still dark, and available now.
I take a LOT of photos as is evidenced throughout the site.
A Dancer’s Journey – a contemporary series
These books are so naughty that I’m a little worried nobody will be able to look me in the face again after reading them. But not that worried. They’re heading out into the world anyway.
When dance student Amalphia Treadwell embarks on a secret relationship with her charismatic new teacher, she has no idea of the danger that lurks in his school in Scotland…
Series on Amazon UK
Series on Amazon worldwide
Series on Goodreads
Posts about the background, inspiration and writing of these stories:
- Dance Research in the Dungeon
- Working Girl: a WordPress Prompt Goes Dark
- Pointe Work and a Red Leotard
- Chosen Sisters: Friendship and Dance
- A Snaggled, Barbourous Place
- Diabolical and Deranged: Writing and Blood
- There’s also this strange little post about what the characters of A Dancer’s Journey get up to when I’m away from the keyboard.
Historical Dark and Romantic Books
My historical novels combine little-known dark events with love stories and a hint of magic.
- SISTERS AT THE EDGE OF THE WORLD: ancient battle, neurodiversity and forbidden romance.
- THE MERMAID AND THE BEAR: witchcraft, a stone circle, a castle and six chapters of medieval Christmas.
- FIREFLIES AND CHOCOLATE: kidnapping, friendship and chocolate.
Further Insight into my life and work
- Dance and Despair: Writing What You Know
- 10 Mystical and Magical Sites in Aberdeenshire on the official tourism site for Aberdeen and Aberdeenshire.
- The article Researching Historical Fiction: Immersing Oneself in the Past on the Women Writers, Women‘s Books site.
- New book by Fraserburgh author highlights horrific extent of witch trials in Scotland from the Press and Journal.
- Doctors and Deadlines: Writing with Chronic Illness
- Walking the Witchy Ways of Aberdeen
Newsletter, Updates and ARCs
Go here to sign up for occasional emails that always include exclusive photos and news of my writing and life. They’re a bit more intimate than the blog. If you would like to hear about new books and special offers, you can follow my Amazon author page.
Reviewers can apply for Advance Reader Copies of future books here.