Ailish Sinclair Bio
Ailish Sinclair trained as a dancer and taught dance for many years, before working in schools to help children with special needs. A short stint as a housekeeper in a castle fired her already keen interest in untold stories of the past and she sat down to research and write.
She now lives beside a loch with her husband and two children where she writes and dances (yes still, chronic medical conditions allowing, pah!) and eats rather too much chocolate.
Join the mailing list to be sent occasional email updates. It’s a more intimate space than the blog and always includes some exclusive photos.
For more frequent pictures and chat
Read Ailish’s series A Dancer’s Journey! There’s ballet. There’s naughtiness. And there’s peril!
Enjoy a kiss on the London tube. Romp up and down the castle stairs. Dance in a stone circle. Attend a Ceilidh in the great hall. Have your brain studied in the dungeon. All fun, I assure you. Well, not quite all…
Series on Amazon UK
Series on Amazon worldwide
There’s more about these stories in the posts below:
- The Publishing Journey of a Ballet Novel
- Pointe Work and a Red Leotard
- Working Girl: a WordPress Prompt Goes Dark
- A Snaggled, Barbourous Place
- Diabolical and Deranged: Writing and Blood
- Chosen Sisters: Friendship and Dance
- And there’s also this slightly strange little post about what the characters of A Dancer’s Journey get up to when Ailish takes a rare day off from writing.
These historical novels combine little-known dark events with love stories and a hint of magic.
- SISTERS AT THE EDGE OF THE WORLD: ancient battle, neurodiversity and forbidden romance.
- THE MERMAID AND THE BEAR: witchcraft, a stone circle, a castle and six chapters of medieval Christmas.
- FIREFLIES AND CHOCOLATE: kidnapping, friendship and chocolate.
Signed books and bookmarks are available here in the Ko-fi shop
On the Stones…
Writer’s Tip Jar
You can also follow the blog on wordpress
Elsewhere on the web
- Should we really have fun at Halloween when the north-east led the great execution of witches? from the Press and Journal, featuring Ailish.
- Roman Aberdeenshire features in author’s new book from Grampian Online.
- On Women Writers, Women’s Books: Doctors and Deadlines: Writing with Chronic Illness.
- Historical novel focusing on kidnapping of Aberdeen children to be published from the Evening Express.
- Ailish’s article Researching Historical Fiction: Immersing Oneself in the Past on Women Writers, Women[‘s] Books.
- Ailish’s piece 10 Mystical and Magical Sites in Aberdeenshire on the official tourism site for Aberdeen and Aberdeenshire.
- Fraserburgh Author Ailish to Publish New Novel from The Fraserburgh Herald.
- New book by Fraserburgh author highlights horrific extent of witch trials in Scotland from the Press and Journal
- Interview over on Relationships are Complicated.com here
- Interview for the Indie Spotlight on Sue’s Musings
- The Wee Writing Lassie asked Ailish 7 intrusive questions recently! Go to her blog to see them.
- The Wee Writing Lassie asked Ailish 7 impertinent questions!
- Ruby Red interviewed Ailish for the Bookly blog here
- Ailish’s guest blog The Vanishing Laird on Willow Winsham’s ‘The Witch, the Weird, and the Wonderful’.