A castle rooftop from the forthcoming contemporary series, A Dancer’s Journey:
“The gable of the great hall rose high to the front, a huge chimney boasted diminutive battlements, and other lower layers of pink castle sprawled out haphazardly in front of me. There were three small turrets, upended cones that had been meticulously finished round and round with ever smaller and smaller lichen dotted tiles. Tiny mismatched windows blinked in the sun: circles, squares and one narrow bent rectangle. Sections of roof ended randomly, some with mossy little steps to nowhere; one jutting brick triangle had been shaped to fit the side of a sloping turret.”Excerpt from TENDU by Ailish Sinclair
And that really is all today. Because: busy editing. Been sucked in to the manuscript and am finding it hard to leave.
More on the series
- Working Girl: a WordPress Prompt Goes Dark
- Pointe Work and a Red Leotard
- Chosen Sisters: Friendship and Dance
- A Snaggled, Barbourous Place
- Diabolical and Deranged: Writing and Blood
- There’s also this strange little post about what the characters of A Dancer’s Journey get up to when I’m away from the keyboard.
Other castle rooftops are available.
As are other thefts from castles.
Other books are already published: