Sisters at the Edge of the World, out now!
Set in 1st century Scotland, my latest historical novel, SISTERS AT THE EDGE OF THE WORLD, includes the battle of Mons Graupius between the Romans and the Caledonian tribes. The book features a neurodiverse main character and some rather complicated romance!
See the article Roman Aberdeenshire features in author’s new book from Grampian Online.
The Mermaid and the Bear
My debut novel was published by GWL Publishing in October 2019, and is available in paperback and on Kindle.
Aspects of the book:
- It’s mainly set in a fictional castle in Aberdeenshire.
- It incorporates the 1597 Aberdeen witchcraft panic.
- There’s a stone circle.
- There’s 6 chapters of medieval Christmas.
- And there’s a love story.
Review on Terry Tyler Book Reviews
See The Mermaid and the Bear page for full details including blurb and quotes and links to more reviews.
Fireflies and Chocolate
My second novel, also published by GWL Publishing, was released on April 1st 2021 and is available in paperback and on Kindle.
Aspects of the book:
- Set in both Aberdeenshire and Colonial Pennsylvania.
- It includes the Aberdeen child kidnappings of the 1740s.
- There’s derring-dos on the high seas.
- There’s chocolate!
- And there’s love.
See the Fireflies and Chocolate page for full details including blurb and quotes and links to more reviews.
Further insight into my writing and research:
- Read my article on Women Writers, Women’s Books: Researching Historical Fiction: Immersing Oneself in the Past
- From the Press and Journal: New book by Fraserburgh author highlights horrific extent of witch trials in Scotland
- My post Walking the Witchy Ways of Aberdeen
- From the Evening Express: Historical novel focusing on kidnapping of Aberdeen children to be published
- My piece 10 Mystical and Magical Sites in Aberdeenshire on the official tourism site for Aberdeen and Aberdeenshire.
Keep up with all my news by signing up to the newsletter. It’s a more intimate space than the blog, only occasional, and always contains some exclusive photos.